Wednesday, March 28, 2007

When Taught By The Best

Broad beginning statement to sweep it all up : There isn't that much honesty in being funny.

So I refuse to be in this post. I feel like a little corazon-a-corazon with anyone who reads my blog on the subject of friendship. Mainly regarding its expiry date. Some friendships are like a carton of milk. It eventually gets old and sour, and you feel absolutely nothing or next to nil when you throw it away. You might not ever drink milk again or you might go for flavored. Hell you might go out and buy yourself the exact same brand and volume (never let it be said that Hamza Latheef cannot stretch a metaphor to the point of annoyance). But the point is that it never really mattered that much in the first place.

But then there are people close to you that you tend to think of like an expensive video game console (whether it's a PS3, Nintendo Wii or Sega Saturn is totally a matter of taste). It get's broken and you fix it over and over like a maniac. You ignore the fact that it really doesn't work as well as it did at the start or that there are some games that you just can't play anymore no matter how hard you try. Then it get's to the point that it won't even respond anymore and you sit there staring at something you loved so much lying completely still. No way to resuscitate it any longer. Well that's when you feel real loss.

Sometimes it's your fault. You were careless with it. Sometimes it was flawed to begin with. Most times you can't explain why it had to end. That's the hardest thing for me. Some sodas just lose their pop and you can be like me and go on drinking it regardless until there's nothing left (if at a loss for analogies, look inside your refrigerator). However, once it's gone and there's no way to get it back, it's just, well, for lack of a better word, sad!

Not as sad as when Randy Jackson (God will he never stop talking about that show, right? That's right I won't!!! Not until the season finale at least) proved to the world, just what an out-of-the-loop dinosaur he is in terms of being a producer. He praised that despicable Chris Richardson for squeezing out all the emotion from a song that I (and most other sane people) absolutely adore. I didn't even think it was possible to sing Don't Speak with that much anti-passion (why bother looking for antonyms when you can do this people?). I'd like to apologize to Gwen Stefani as a fan of No Doubt for that horrendous display which I hope she was too busy to have the misfortune of watching. Also, if you're supposedly a big man in the music industry (pun intended regardless of the conditionality) aren't you supposed to know when a song's been covered by an artist from a different genre (and masterfully I might add)? Putting an RnB (by the way nasal over-singing isn't RnB 'dawg'!) spin on the song was fresh? Then what's this doing on YouTube?

11 comments:

Simon said...

Hamza, it... this... let it... rhythm... goo... probably... ack... can... much..pretty... girl... definitely... ack... was good.

(I'm obsessively annoyed by Paula's stuttering - mute button is the best invention)

hamzah said...

Or you can release a fatwa calling her for immediate execution. Seems to be the fashionable thing to do with women who annoy you these days (see I can be relevant 2!)

Princess nyssa said...

ye know i wouldnt be surprised if Sanjaya wins this season. It'd be fun to watch the almighty american idol lose its credibility and get rated off fox tv. I think it might be the best ending to one of the most watched tv series ever.
If by chance Melinda gets voted i will repeat will stop watching the show this season just how i stopped when Elliot got voted off. I still believe he should have become the idol instead of Taylor(although i am a fan of his too). I heard that Elliot is making big hits on the charts with his new album. Go Elliot. Hey where is yamin quas...i miss him..that lovable freak of nature

hamzah said...

Yeah ugly Elliot with the beautiful voice. He's probably making a fortune out of doing voiceovers for Disney musical characters or playing Quasimodo on broadway. I think Taylor was clearly outclassed and outsexeyed by that pretty Mchphee chick as well. And let's not forget LaToya London, who proved that being classy and reserved while having the voice of an angel gets you nowhere on American Idol. It IS a freak show first and a singing competition second.

MurasakiOnAcid said...

I am reading this blog purely because I know you. I hope the classification here would be friends but then again better check on the expiry date. ( hopefully you'll find non.) Awww isnt that cheesy and sweet for you little boy blue.

hamzah said...

Nothing lasts forever my acid-junkie. Then again, i wouldn't know to tell when I have no idea who you are :P. But thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Care to clue me in on how we know each other?

MurasakiOnAcid said...

hmmm.this could be fun ,playing guessing games.Remember that time we had fun and youforgot to call me, and now Im stalking you ;),
Im half tempted to carry on aswering these curious inquisitions, after all we all know how powerful an active imagination can be. But then the anti-climax of actually finding out who I am would probably kill you.
"It begins with H & ends with an A,
constantly bored & would come to play,
I know this riddle is somewhat gay
and even you suss it, you get no pay." :)

hamzah said...

Still no clue :P. I'm pretty dense when it comes to riddles. Hope you'll just cut through the BS and tell me your name. H to the iz-A just reminds me of me (as most things tend to do).

MurasakiOnAcid said...

goodness effing me! To be exact I give you more BS. youknow me as your sisters mates sister whoa mister! is it still in code for you
its h to the a - s - s -to the a to the n to the a.
also shanus friend also exiled here for a while
* also a grandma so I demand R-E-S-P-E-C-T gimp boy.



* please dont cry its only a joke.

hamzah said...

LOLZ. hASSana! oi don't i get a call on my b'day? Fuck! Never thought it cuda been u. Grandma my ass. You a tiny li'l thang. Age's just a number - size matters yo.

MurasakiOnAcid said...

What do you mean phone call? Shouldnt it make your day just by finding out that its me? ;) oi before you rush to the toilet to puke, watcha mouth if you're calling me fat, but otherwise size certainly matters.
Happy birthday BOI! have a good one. Would have rung yah if I was on the islandland. Hope alls going well for you.
Behave now!