Monday, November 20, 2006

They Have Cameras In The Maldives Too


Although they're all made out of coconut shells and shards of glass. As a people we're nothing if not creative. Leonardo Da Vincis - every single one of us. So instead of going on and on about how talented and versatile we are, I thought I'd pick a subject and go about it. Not to mention, get some free publicity for my family in the process (the photograph under the title is my baby sister's). Nepotism! That's something else we're famous for.


My sister's been doing self-portraits almost all of her pathetically short life (No she's not dead. I just get bitter when I discuss younger people). Although she does amazing work that would put Annie Leibovitz to shame, this particular one was edited with the help of a young graphics designer at CQ magazine (a local rag dedicated to the worst Cosmo-inspired schlop that could pass for journalism. Didn't say we were writers did we?). Yet, in the fashion of most substandard books, their pictures are quite pretty.


However, for a look at what the Maldives is really about, one must always resort to cliche'd (but good) snaps of sea, sky, leafy shores and toothless old hags. Wouldn't want to disappoint all you narrow-minded bastards. Here's a link to a collection which features all of the above said islandy goodness. Viva La Maldives.


No comments: