Friday, December 22, 2006

Going Up In Smoke


What is? My dream of returning to the Maldives and building the biggest and most hedonistic nocturnal hotspot since The Viper Room that's what. Because I will not live anywhere where I can't afford my life-threatening habits in. It's bad enough that bungee jumping and extreme skateboarding isn't available (and I would be just as concerned if I was into them) but raising the price of tobacco? That's the last straw! Thirty fucking Rufiyaa for a twenty-pack of Marlboro reds?!?! Excuse my French but eloquence goes out the window when you know that that's just a tentative price until the market reaches equilibrium. That's still about 7 dollars less than the price of it here in the UK (and I would stick it to the Queen but damn you just can't hate someone who has a matching hat for all her outfits. That's style baby!). But, as god is my witness, the day that a daily dose of nicotine costs more than 50 Rufiyaa a pack, is the day that I join the inevitable bloodbath that follows. ¡Viva el fumar!
So much to say to a certain someone but it's already been said and no one has said it better than Pink. She might have been talking to George W. Bush but I'm sure she meant us to use her message (legally or not) to confront all of our demons. So here goes. Dear Mr. President,....


No comments: